US Air Force approved Active Infrared IDS towers provide perimeter security in any extreme environment including applications where other sensors are challenged.
• Each Active Infrared IDS is comprised of two towers providing detection of intrusions with a recommended zone length of 100 meters (Note: system capable of operating at up to 300 meters, however adverse weather conditions may increase the incidence of false and nuisance alarms)
• Two standard tower configurations provide various heights of infrared detection up to 6 meters (20 feet) above grade
• Sensor optic and electronic components are installed within a robust, hermetically sealed cast aluminum tower providing protections against the harshest of environments
• Extruded cast aluminum tower provides resistance against scalability
• Shore powered
• internal battery back-up, integrated pressure tamper switch for detection of bridging attempts
• flight line areas, restricted access areas, weapons storage areas (WSA), critical assets, etc.
• USAF IDS Equipment Approved for Security in Nuclear and Non-Nuclear Areas